Although not commonly used externally garlic is as effective externally as it is internally. Externally applied garlic in the form of an ointment for example can be used to treat bites, cuts and wounds. This post will focus on how to make a garlic ointment.
The ingredients that you may need to make a garlic ointment are:
- one and half cups or three hundred fifty mls of olive oil
- 8 oz of dried and powdered garlic
- a quarter oz of beeswax.
How to make the garlic ointment.
- first pour the olive oil over the garlic powder and mix together in a heatproof covered container.
- Put the mixture in a preheated oven at 104 degrees fareinheit for an hour.
- Take out the mixture from the oven and let stand in the sun or a warm place for a week. Once in a while stir the contents with a fork.
- Leave the mixture to macerate for another week. Heat again the contents and pass through a large colander lined with cheesecloth or jelly bag.
- Get the beeswax and melt by heating in a saucepan at very low temperature and then add the garlic olive oil mixture you prepared earlier. Place the resulting in a dark glass jar to check for consistency. Then place in a refridgerator for two minutes until it solidifies to a consistency of a cold cream and put into dark glass jars and label the jars.